Thursday, January 23, 2020

2020 looks great!


I always enjoy the enthusiasm and energy at AGM's, because the Directors works so hard on their reports to round up the best points of the past year's progress while they look ahead. In the case of the Expressive Art Therapists, I find this amplified. In a nutshell, I am honoured to record for them and they are EXtra fun! Since all of them work as Psychotherapists and Counselors by day, they are also charming people in person. At these special AGM's, participants always find out there are things happening in the organization they belong to behind-the-scenes that are exciting to learn. Members get up-to-speed and the general spirit is one of lifting morale.
For the Expressive Art Therapist's AGM, I try to make it a bit more splashy than some Graphic Recordings, because I know that splashy art is their thing. I also added some lists of names, because they have new members, new leadership and new committees. It's cool to see an organization expanding with new talent. I'm trained as an Expressive Art Facilitator with a Diploma for Haliburton School of Art, so even though I am working as the AGM scribe, I listen for professional reasons as well. I also added a lot of trees and stars, since Expressive Art Therapists are superstars and they like nature.
The President of their organization particularly talked about the great strides they have been making in networking and gaining recognition for Expressive Art Therapy throughout Canada. This included special programming and new opportunities for members. New energy coming in to a group always makes me happy. Keep on the look-out for events, 2020 is looking extremely promising for Ex Art in a myriad of capacities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OEATA looks to 2024 at year-end AGM

  It was my great honour to graphically record the year-end AGM of OEATA, looking forward into 2024.  OEATA is an exciting and dynamic organ...