Saturday, November 16, 2019

Wow! Two recordings back to back!

Wow! A double recordings day! I promised the strategy session facilitator I would graphic record for their strategy session group. This was an unusually spirited session! Tons of input as we closed-in on developing a synthesized vision. The participants shared great ideas adding yet more input. The facilitation was awesome as things really shaped up. By wrap-time, a few hours had passed and the graphic recording paraphrased a lot of information! I packed up my gear and bid the facilitator adieu while I departed to unwind in a coffee shop. Then I glanced at my phone and realized I had another recording coming up in less than an hour, an AGM! I had promised the executive director, and I only had time to toss down my coffee and run to a nearby art supply store to replenish my gear before I was at it again! The second meeting had important new board members attending from major organizations. They were watching intently. I added a sun ray cut-out around the logo at the top and then concentrated on colours flowing outward towards the future. A graphic recorder always listens for key commentary and to my surprise, the meeting had lots of great moments and perfect input. It was more orderly than the first one. This allowed me to breathe and relax. At wrap-up, several people took photos and the mood in the room was positive and happy, just like the mood of the artwork! Wow! A double day! I was so glad I made it, and so honoured to serve these vital nonprofit sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OEATA looks to 2024 at year-end AGM

  It was my great honour to graphically record the year-end AGM of OEATA, looking forward into 2024.  OEATA is an exciting and dynamic organ...